Dogs are highly affectionate to their owners and want to cuddle with you as you take a nap or sleep. As our dogs get older, they start having trouble jumping in higher places, and they won’t even be able to get onto the couch with you or get in the car.
Using a dog ramp to help your dog up and down high places would be the best solution for your old dog. Dog ramps are also beneficial for younger dogs to quickly get in the car or your bed without putting any pressure on their shoulders.
Choosing a dog ramp is not an easy task; you must consider many factors. How big of a ramp do you need? Whether you need a ramp design or stairs, what material would be better suitable?
The ramps should have a solid build to take on the weight of your dog comfortably. Also, since you will have to carry the ramp to your vehicle, it is essential to be lightweight and have a compact design.
Easy-to-maintain ramps that you can clean with soap and water would be a great help. Also, having an anti-skid ramp is a must to avoid any accidents. You can find dog ramps in several different forms and sizes, and just keep in mind that they should serve their primary purpose.
We have looked into several dog ramps available on the market and have selected the best dog ramps for your fur baby. Let us take a look at them one by one.
|PetSafe Happy Ride Portable Pet Ramp||• Telescopic design.|
• Multiple sizes.
• High traction walking area
|Solvit 62337 Deluxe Telescoping Pet Ramp||• Lightweight|
• High load capacity
• Raised rails for safety
|PetSafe Happy Ride Folding Dog Ramp||• Extremely lightweight.|
• Folding design
• Three-year warranty
|The USA Made Pet Steps-Stairs||• Certipur US certified foam.|
• Three different sizes.
|Rosewood 2446 Dog Ramp||• Non-slip feet|
• Compact size
|Roomnhome pet Storage Stepper||• Easy installation|
• Storage space
• Multiple options
|PetSafe 62460 Solvit PupSTEP Plus Pet Stairs||• Multiple sizes.|
• Foldable design
Top 7 Best Dog Ramps To Buy For Your Pet
Whether to help your old dog get up on the couch or your small puppy get in the car, whatever your need for the dog ramp is, we have got your back.
#1. PetSafe Happy Ride Extra Long Telescoping Dog Ramp
PetSafe is one of the top brands that offer high-quality products for the welfare of your fur babies. This ramp from PetSafe is specifically designed to assist them in getting up and down high places with ease.
The ramp is suitable for an old dog or a young puppy. You can get different ramp sizes, but the extra-long size is preferable for people with high elevation vehicles. Also, the large size ensures that even a heavyweight dog can safely use this ramp.
With the extra-long long size, your pet would have no trouble walking to a high place with the correct inclination. While we agree that the ramp is a bit costlier than other brands, the quality that you get would be unmatched.
You can get this product from PetSafe with free shipping in Australia, and with the Australian support team, you can get help if you have a question or a problem. Let us look at some of the features of the PetSafe extra-long ramp as to what makes it our number one choice.
Following are the features of the PetSafe extra long dog ramp.
- Compact: Even though the pet ramp has an extra-long size and a telescopic design, upon folding it, it transforms into a compact size taking up less storage space when not in use.
The compact size of the dog ramp helps you ease carrying it around. The ramp weighs about 18 pounds, while that may be slightly heavier than other ramps, but for the size, the weight is minimal, and you won’t have trouble carrying it around.
- Durability: The ramp is an intelligent combination of plastic and aluminium material. The aluminium material makes the ramp highly durable, and the plastic keeps the weight in check. Also, the build quality of the ramp is superior, which makes it last long.
- Safe And Sturdy: The walking surface on the ramp has high traction, and it offers more grip to your pet’s paws and offers them a stable footing. Even while climbing on steep slopes, there is no risk of your pet slipping and having an accident. The ramp is extra-long, and when
It is open in full size, and four rubber feet help keep it stable.
- Easy Maintenance: This ramp requires very little maintenance due to the plastic and aluminium material. In case dirt and dust accumulate on the ramp over time, all you need to do is wash off the ramp using a hose or use some mild detergents to remove hard stains.
Let it dry completely before storing it, and you are done.
- Additional Accessories: You can also get the accessories like a carry case and the adapter for attaching the ramp to the side door of a car. Having a carry case will help carry the ramp around easily; storing the ramp in the case would keep it clean when not in use.
- Multiple Sizes: The ramp is available in two different sizes, with the twin extra-large measures 47-87 x 20 x 4 inches and the large size is 28-70 x 16 x 5 inches. If you don’t own a car with high elevations, there is no point in you buying an extra-large ramp.
You can easily make do with the long size. Also, the ramp is highly adjustable, so if you have to help your dog reach areas that are not that high, you can keep the length short.
- The ramp has an adjustable length from 47 to 87 inches.
- There are multiple sizes available.
- The walking area has higher traction.
- The ramp folds down to a compact size.
- It is effortless to clean and maintain.
- It has higher durability with high-quality materials.
- The ramp can be a bit costly.
- Since it is large, the ramp is a bit on the heavier side.
#2. Solvit 62337 Deluxe Telescoping Pet Ramp
Our second best ramp for your pet is another masterpiece from the Solvit brand, the same as PetSafe. This ramp from Solvit is the lightest pet ramp which can reach up to a length of 70 inches. Even with its lightweight design, the ramp can easily support a load of up to 400 pounds.
Getting this ramp would be the best option for your dog if it suffers from mobility issues or has trouble jumping due to old age. The ramp has a sturdy build that doesn’t wobble even when a heavyweight dog walks on it. Its long length is suitable for most pickup trucks, SUVs, and other high vehicles.
Other than that, the ramp has free shipping to Australia, making it an excellent choice for your dog. Also, you can choose from different options. Let us look at some of the main features of the ramp, which makes it an excellent choice for your dog.
- Robust: The ramp is made of aluminium and plastic material, making the ramp extremely lightweight. The aluminium material is strong and lasts long without any problem. The superior build quality of the ramp makes it last for years, making it a good investment choice.
- Ease of use: The ramp is very easy to use. It features a telescoping design, so you don’t have to fold or unfold it. All you need to do is pull out the ramp to its full length or the length you need. Push it back down to a more compact size when not in use for easy storage. The dimension of the ramp is 39-72 x 17 x 4 inches.
- Multipurpose use: The ramp can have a multipurpose use. You can use it to help your dog reach onto a high vehicle like a pickup truck or an SUV, or you can use the ramp to help them up on a sofa or bed.
- Safe to use: The ramp has a great build that keeps it steady even with 400 pounds on it. It has a high traction walking surface, which offers a better grip on your dog’s paws, making them feel confident while walking on the ramp. Also, the raised rails on the side offer a sense of security to your pet.
- High load capacity: The ramp is made of aluminium material. The high-quality material and the build quality ensure that this ramp can take up a heavy load of up to 400 pounds with ease. If you have a dog from a giant breed, this ramp is ideal for you.
- Easy to clean: In case the ramp gets dirty over time, you can clean it very easily. All you need is some mild detergent and water to clean off the ramp, or you can just hose it off. Let the ramp dry completely before storing it.
- The size of the ramp is adjustable from 39 to 72 inches.
- It is one of the most lightweight ramps from the brand.
- The ramp has raised rails for safety.
- The high traction walking area helps your pet.
- The ramp can take up a weight of up to 400 pounds.
- It is made of high-quality plastic and aluminium material.
- The ramp does not have a carry case; you need to buy it separately.
#3. PetSafe Happy Ride Folding Dog Ramp
Our third best choice of ramp for your dog is another one from the brand PetSafe. PetSafe is one of the most trusting brands for the safety and betterment of our pets.
This ramp from PetSafe is a lightweight ramp suitable for helping your old dog up or down from most vehicles or your sofa or bed. It can easily reach most SUVs, minivans, and pickup trucks, making it an ideal choice for helping a struggling dog.
Also, compared to the other top two ramps, this one comes cheap. So unless you need the large size ramps, this one would be a better option for you. Let us take a look at some more features of this ramp.
- Lightweight and compact: The ramp is made of plastic material, which is exceptionally light. This ramp weighs only 10 pounds and still carries a load of up to 150 pounds. It has an easy folding mechanism that folds the ramp in half, compacting it. The entire length of the ramp is 62 x 16 x 4 inches.
- Skid-resistant: The ramp has a textured walking area for offering better grip to the paws of your dog. It helps the dog have better stability while walking, and also they feel confident walking to or from heights. Another best thing with this ramp is that you have the option to replace the tread traction in case it fades away with time.
- Convenient to use: The ramp has a suitable design. It gets folded in half for a more compact size for storing and comes with a safety latch to keep the ramp from accidentally folding down while using. The ramp comes with handles that help carry it around.
- Warranty: This ramp comes with a three-year warranty, making the product even better. Also, you get an Australian support team to contact for this product in case you ever face any problems.
- Easy to clean: The ramp has a plastic body which is very easy to maintain. In case it ever gets dirty with use, all you need to do is use some mild detergent to wash off the ramp, or you can simply hose it. Wiping the ramp periodically also helps.
- Sturdy design: This ramp has a rugged build with all plastic material. It can take up a load of 150 pounds, making it suitable for most dog breeds. When a dog walks down the ramp, it keeps steady with the four rubber feet.
- It weighs only 10 pounds.
- The ramp has an easy fold mechanism.
- It has a higher traction walking area.
- It can take a load up to 150 pounds.
- The ramp is very easy to maintain.
- The ramp comes with a three-year warranty.
- It can not reach a high surface like on a vet table.
- The load capacity is not suitable for large breeds of dogs.
#4. The USA Made Pet Steps/Stairs
If you need to use the ramp only in your house to help your dog up a sofa or your bed, then getting stairs would be a much better choice than a ramp. Stairs have a better footing and are safer than ramps. Our fourth choice for the best dog ramp is this USA-made pet step.
The steps are a bit costlier but offer a great look to your interior. They are also easy to maintain with a removable cover. You can choose the number of steps according to the height of the furniture at your home. Let us take a look at some other features of the stairs.
- Lightweight: The stairs are made of Certi-Pur US certified foam, which makes them extremely lightweight. You don’t need to have a lot of upper body strength to pick these stairs and move them around.
- Comfortable: The stairs are made entirely of foam and are comfortable for pets to walk on. If you have a pup who has troubles reaching onto your bed and sofa, then getting these stairs for it would be perfect.
- Stability: Depending on the number of steps, these stairs have either 15 or 16-inch width, making them highly stable. Also, the bottom of the stairs has an anti-slip mat that holds them into place while your pet walks on it.
- Multiple colours and sizes: You can get three different sizes with three, four, and five steps. There is also a lot of colour and pattern that you can choose from to match your interior.
- Removable cover: Maintaining the look of the steps is easy. It comes with a removable cover that can machine wash when it gets dirty.
- The steps are lightweight.
- There are multiple colour choices.
- The foam material is of high quality.
- You can choose between three different sizes.
- The stairs have a removable cover on top.
- There are no protective side rails.
- Not suitable for outdoor use.
#5. Rosewood 2446 Dog Ramp
Our fifth choice for the best ramp for your dog is the one from Rosewood. They offer free shipping in Australia, and if you somehow don’t like the ramp, you can choose to return or replace it.
If you are looking for a budget-friendly option, this is the best choice for you. They are of high quality and durable even with such a low price. If you have an old dog who can not jump onto your bed or into the car anymore, then this ramp is the perfect gift for them.
- Compact: The ramp has a foldable design, and it folds down in half to a compact size for easy storage occupying less space. Also, upon folding it, there is a top handle, making it easy to carry around. It weighs only approximately six pounds.
- Safe: Old dogs and young pups have trouble getting on and off furniture or other high places. The ramp offers a safe way for your dog to go up and down off high places.
- High build quality: The ramp has a sturdy build and can easily handle a load of a medium-sized dog well. It can handle a load of up to 40 kgs.
Skid-resistant: the walking space on the ramp is treaded, which offers a better grip for your pet’s paws. The ramp has non-slip feet, which help keep the ramp in place while your pet is walking down on it.
- The ramp has a sturdy build.
- It has a treaded walking area.
- It has skid-resistant feet.
- The ramp folds down to a compact size.
- It is not very high, and there are no size options.
- Not suitable for heavier dogs.
You May Also Like: 5 Best Luxury Dog Beds in Australia [Expert Choices]
#6. Roomnhome pet Storage Stepper
Another excellent option for your dogs is the Roomnhome pet storage stepper. You can use this stair for multipurpose use. Not only does this stair help your dog get up high places, but you can also use this stair as a storage space for your dog’s toys.
These stairs may be costly as there is no free shipping to Australia. Let us take a look at some features of the stairs.
- Multiple sizes: You can choose between two different sizes. If your furniture is not that high, you select the two-step stair, which is 20 x 11 x 12.5 inches in dimension. You can get the three-step stair with 27 x 12 x 15 inches dimension for high furniture. You can choose either blue or brown colour.
- Easy to install: You don’t need a pro at tools for assembling these stairs. Assembling or disassembling them is easy and doesn’t require much time.
- Multiple uses: The exciting part of these steppers or stairs is that they also act as storage boxes. The insides of the steps are hollow, and you can use them to store tidbits of your pets. People living in smaller apartments will find them beneficial, and the side pockets also help store small items.
- Higher durability: High-quality strong PP plastic material is used for making these steppers which makes them quite sturdy. Even with regular use, the steps would last very long. The overall weight of the steppers is 4.25 pounds.
One thing to keep in mind is that the steps are hollow from inside. If you have a dog from a large breed, then the steppers are not meant for you.
- The stepper helps dogs get up and down off spaces.
- The steps can be used as storage.
- There are multiple sizes and colours available.
- You can install the steps easily.
- The steps are sturdy.
- It has an anti-skid bottom.
- You have to pay for the shipping.
- The stepper is not meant for heavy dogs.
#7. PetSafe 62460 Solvit PupSTEP Plus Pet Stairs
Our last choice for the best ramp for dogs is another stair from one of the best brands, PetSafe. It has a lightweight design, and with several safety features, your pet feels comfortable walking on it.
The shipping of these stairs to Australia can be costly, but the quality of the stairs makes it all worth it.
The foldable design can be easily stored when not in use. Let us look at some other features as to what makes it such an excellent choice for your pet.
- Lightweight Design: The stairs weigh only about five pounds with a lightweight design. You can carry these stairs easily around your house to help your dog on and off your sofa or bed.
- Safety for dogs: The steps on this stair are carpeted, which feels soft against your dog’s paws. Also, the carpet area makes the steps safe for walking as they offer resistance against slipping. There are side rails on this step which helps dogs feel comfortable walking up or down the stairs.
- Compact: Upon folding them, the stairs become compact-sized, which is beneficial as it takes less space while storing. You can push the folded stairs under the bed or in any narrow space when they are not in use.
- Multiple Choices: The stairs from PetSafe come in two different size options. The standard or regular size is suitable for small breed dogs and weighs up to 150 pounds. If your dog is heavy or belongs to an extensive breed, you choose the extra-large stair size, which has a load capacity of 200 pounds. The standard stairs measure 24 x 16 x 20 inches and 28 x 18 x 25 inches for the extra-large size.
- Stability: The build quality of these stairs is excellent and can hold the weight of your dog with ease. The stairs don’t wobble when dogs walk on them, and the rubber feet hold them in place.
- The stairs are lightweight.
- You can get two different sizes.
- The rubber feet keep the stairs stable.
- The stairs can handle a dog weight fro 150 to 200 pounds.
- The stairs are safe with the side rails.
- Dogs’ paws get more grip on the carpeted steps.
- A foldable design helps for easy storage.
- You have to pay for the shipping.
Dogs with mobility issues or old age have trouble getting on and off high places, and no one likes seeing their pet babies struggle. Using a dog ramp is the best solution for you without compromising your pet’s health.
Even though the market is flooded with all sorts of ramps, the ones discussed in the above article are the best that we can find. You can look at these and choose one to help your dog.