But first and foremost. Why go through the trouble of considering grain-free food?
Grain-free pet diets may be advantageous if your dog suffers from gastrointestinal issues, as carbs can be harder for certain dogs to digest. You can also move your dog to grain-free foods if they are allergic to wheat.
Dog meals containing grains may contain enriched flour or cornstarch, which are inexpensive additives with very little nutritional benefits and degrade the performance of wet food. Most grain-free dog diets do not contain additives and may alternatively include higher-quality nutrients.
Leaps & bounds provide balanced and high-grade nourishment at affordable rates. They feature authentic vegetables and meat, as well as 100 % organic components with vitamin and mineral supplements. It is prepared with DHA gold to help pups’ intellectual and visual growth, which is essential for vision, memory, and conditioning.
About Leaps and Bounds
Leaps and Bounds is a brand of dog food developed and managed in Australia that meets all dietary guidelines set by the Association of American Feed Control Officials (AAFCO).
It is a Petbarn specialty that is produced in Dubbo by Australian Pet Brands. The company’s goal is to supply healthy natural dog food at reasonable prices.
It is available in a variety of flavors and with a wide range of ingredients for various stages of life. Today, we explored grain-free chicken adult dog food.
Leaps and Bounds Grain-Free Chicken Dog Food
Leaps and bounds grain-free adult dog dry food- Chicken and vegetables are meals containing sweet potato as a natural source of carbs for long-lasting stamina. It does not contain corn or wheat.
- Real Meat: Promotes muscle growth and healing
- Meat meals (poultry and beef)
- Vegetables: Enables the growth of good bacteria and aids with digestion.
- Vegetable meals (derived from soy, carrots, peas, tomato, garlic, pumpkin)
- Tapioca: Contains resistant starch, which has similar effects to fiber and can help improve gut health.
- Potato starch
- Chicken fat stabilized with natural mixed tocopherols: A good source of vitamin E
- Chicken gravy
- Potassium chloride
- Whole oil seeds
- Chicory root inulin: Inulin benefits pet gut health by generating improvements in the microbiome and modifying the intestine in a positive way. Chicory is a pure, unadulterated option that is both tasty and beneficial.
- Beet pulp: A significant source of fiber beneficial to the dog’s digestive health and can improve the ability to absorb nutrients.
- Yucca: Yucca is mostly used in animal feeds to help minimize the stink of their excrement. According to studies, adding Yucca to pet food can significantly minimize waste odor by up to 26%. It has anti-arthritic and anti-inflammatory effects as well.
- Essential vitamins and minerals
- Natural antioxidants
- Kelp meal: By feeding omega 3 and 6 fatty acids, your dog can achieve a healthier coat, lesser dryness and itching, and a much more regulated metabolism.
- Egg powder: A good source of vital amino acid residues, which can help with muscle strength and maturation in dogs.
- Completely grain-free
- Contains no artificial preservatives, colors, or flavors
- Nutrition that is complete and balanced
- Encourages good digestion
- Supports the immunological system
- Aids in the growth of bones and muscles
- Aids in maintaining healthy skin and coat
Pros & Cons
- It is naturally processed and chemical-free.
- It is a very appetizing meal, so most dogs love eating it.
- Grain-free recipes have a greater fat ratio, indicating that they contain more animal protein.
- Contains essential vitamins and minerals.
- Yucca promotes anti-arthritic and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Beet pulp adds bulk and fiber, making the dog feel full and satisfied, while the oils give omega-3 and -6 fatty acids. Chicory root inulin provides prebiotic fiber to help maintain a healthy stomach.
- The pricings are quite affordable.
- Because garlic is predominant in their recipes, it is not safe for dogs who are intolerant to it.
- The particular percentages of each of these vegetables are not disclosed by this brand. This most likely suggests that quantities vary according to seasonal availability and pricing.
- If your dog is super vulnerable to dietary changes, this may not be the perfect idea for you.
How to Transition Your Pet to Leaps and Bounds?
When feeding Leaps and Bounds for the first time, gradually raise the quantity of fresh food while reducing the amount of old food over a 7-to-10-day timeframe.
- DAY 1-3: 75% current food, 25% Leaps and Bounds
- DAY 4-6: 50% current meal, 50% Leaps and Bounds
- DAY 7-9: 25 % current food, 75% Leaps and Bounds
- DAY 10: 100% Leaps and Bounds
Also, don’t forget to make sure your pet has a supply of fresh, clean water at all times.
Customer Service of Leaps and Bounds
The leaps & bounds platform is developed with the user in mind. You can look through it to find portion amounts, advice on transitioning your dog to a healthier diet, and a unique FAQ session with frequently asked questions.
It also has a one-of-a-kind store locator tool that allows you to find numerous leaps & bounds retailers near you.
Furthermore, at Petbarn and City Farmers Stores, all Leaps & Bounds items come with a ‘No Risk 100 percent Satisfaction Money Back Guarantee.’ If your pet does not adapt to Leaps & Bounds feed, you can refund the bag of pet food within 30 days from the date and claim a refund irrespective of how much feed remains in the package.
Read More: Petzyo Dog Food Review [Updated 2022]
As previously stated the Leaps & Bounds grain-free range is a fantastic healthy balanced option for a multitude of reasons. It is 100% natural and chemical-free, making it ideal for dogs who are sensitive to wheat or other common grains. It’s ideal if you’re on a low-budget high-quality spree.